Some Basic Info

I was first diagnosed with malignant brain tumors on 11-20-08 and I finished treatment for those on 4-13-09. I was recently diagnosed with a recurrence on 12-08-09. I set up this blog so people could follow along with my progress and keep up with what is going on in my treatment. I also wanted to put up information from my first go round so people could learn a little bit about what happened to me before.
The blog is set up with the newest posts first. Sometimes I will post stories from my first experience, in which casse it will be slightly out of order, but the titles will let you know. If you want to look at older posts, which may provide a better idea of the whole picture, use the "Blog Archive" tool on the right side of the page to browse them. The titles of the posts should be pretty self-explanatory. If you don't really know that much about me, or what happened, you should check out these two posts first: this one about what's happening now, and this one about my first experience.
Feel free to leave comments, it should be open to everyone now. Thanks for visiting, I hope this little blurb clears up some confusion, and I hope you like the blog.

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Very Special Visit

This past Tuesday I had a very special surprise visit at my house, and what a surprise! My dad's friends Michael, Marcus and Allison were able to get my favorite hip-hop artist and probably favorite celebrity, Kanye West, to come to my house so I could meet him. As if that wasn't enough, Lupe Fiasco, another one of my favorite hip-hop artists, was with him. My dad had been trying to get me VIP tickets to a Kanye West show, but because of the stem-cell transplant treatment and my compromised immune system, travelling and large crowds are both things I have to avoid. When my dad's friends Michael, Marcus and Allison found out about that, they were able to arrange it so that Kanye West would come to me! I want to say thank you to all of them and my dad for putting this thing together. If you guys are reading this: Thank You!!!

Kanye and Lupe were both incredibly nice, and despite the fact that it was Kanye's birthday and they were probably very busy, they stayed for well over two hours. Also, Kanye's friend(/manager?) Don was really nice too. My two friends Aidan and Jesse happened to be visiting, so they were able to meet Kanye too. We all had a great time and afterwards we were still kind of in shock.
During his visit, my mom and Lupe Fiasco talked for a while. One of the things they talked about was the restaurant Pappadeaux's that he liked in Texas. My mom told him there was one in the suburbs of Chicago to which he replied, "Well you have to go there!" So Lupe Fiasco gave my mom some money to take us all (Me, my dad, my brother, and my friends Aidan and Jesse) out to Pappadeaux's.
Overall it was a pretty awesome experience and I'm so thankful to everyone who was involved. It is definitely something I will never forget.

Below are some pictures from their visit, but I have to ask that you only view to photos on my blog, please don't download them or send them around. It was totally cool for Kanye to do something like this, and I don't want random pictures of him getting spread around on the web. Thanks.

No comments: